We protect your information.
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including personal information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of information.
We endeavor to collect, use and maintain client information only for appropriate purposes.
- The types of personal information we may collect from you when you visit or use our online services include your name, age, occupation, marital status, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, user name and password. We may also collect personal identifiers such as, depending on your country of residence, your Social Security Number, National Insurance Number, Tax File Number or driver’s license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
- Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
- We may use the information we collect from you to help us deliver our online services; to administer, evaluate and improve our business; manage our risks; market our services and products; and to comply with and enforce applicable laws and regulations, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies. We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual clients) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We respect and protect your privacy even when you’re on the go.
For your convenience, we offer you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and/or mobile-optimized websites. When accessing any of our online services through a mobile device, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information).
We share personal information with affiliates and with others when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can provide to you or for legal and routine business reasons.
- We share personal information among our affiliates and business units when we believe it will enhance the services we can provide, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and our policies and practices.
- From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us, or to make services and products available to you. Under these agreements, these companies may receive your personal information, but they must safeguard this information, and they may only use it for those purposes we specify.
- We may share your personal information with any person or entity if we have your consent to do so.
How we protect your privacy.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized employees or agents. In addition, our service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
We provide you with relevant and appropriate choices regarding the sharing of personal information.
We may give you choices regarding the sharing of personal information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your personal information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the financial products or services you obtain from us.
We tell you when our privacy policies and practices change.
Last updated: March 1, 2015